Do you remember when
we waited beneath the concrete tunnels?
Do you remember how
we watched the crack in the wall and waited for the building to fall?
Do you remember where
we used to eat our lunches?
Do you remember why
we used to laugh aloud?
Do you remember me?
Why didn't we realize how important we were to each other?
Who would I be if I had stayed with you?
Would you recognize me now?
Do you recognize me?
Do you know who I am?
I saw a girl I used to know
I didn't stop to say hello
I didn't know her name.
Her name is Kayla
she liked basketball
and was a friend to me.
I didn't know I could miss people this much
until I realized how much they meant to me.
I wonder this sometimes too...I often forget that everyone I knew in school is growing up too. When I've gone to football games, I've looked for my old friends in the little 3rd grader kids, forgetting they're on the team or cheerleading or standing right in front of me. :) it's weird. :)
ReplyDelete