Once upon a time there was a wonderful lady and a wonderful man and they fell in love. They got married and had eight children. The children grew and soon went off to find their places in the world, though one still lived at home. The lady and the man lived happily together in their little red house on a quiet little street, though sometimes they did go on adventures together. The door was always open so their children and families could visit any time they liked. The man and the lady had many grandchildren and a few great grandchildren. They loved them all and they loved their children and they loved each other. Then, one day, the lady died. Her whole family was sad, but the man was saddest of all. She was the only woman he ever loved, the only one he ever dated, the only one. And now she was gone.
Its been a year, but it's still hard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Grammy,
I miss you.
I realized the other day that you aren't here to make Christmas cookies. I don't know who will, but maybe I will make a few for you. Your sour cream twists were some of my favorites. Maybe I will try to make those. I wish I could show you my quilt. And my Voice of Democracy essay. You liked mine last year, even though it didn't win. I found out the other day that the slippers you gave me, the purple ones, are too small. But I'm going to wear them anyway. And I use the blankets you made every night. And my sock monkey, the one you and Aunt Cara helped us with, is sitting on the chair in my room. Thanks for being the greatest grammy in the world. I wish I could give you a hug.
I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment