"I just wanted to let you know I'm okay."
"Um, okay?"
"There was a bombing. At the finish line of the marathon. If you turn on the TV you'll see it. But I wasn't there, I'm okay, I'm near BC."
In that moment,
The change began.
again and again and again
smoke and fire
falling people
terrorists terrorists terrorists?
In that moment,
The questions began.
who and why and how
hats and backpacks
hurting people
terrorists terrorists terrorists?
In that moment,
The research began.
who and where and why
boys and bombs
killing people
terrorists terrorists terrorists?
In that moment,
The search began.
here and there and there
suspects and leads
shooting people
terrorists terrorists terrorists?
In that moment,
The lock down began.
stay and watch and fear
helicopters and cars
hunting people
terrorists terrorists terrorists?
In that moment,
The trial began.
yet there were those who
in that first moment
took in the
pain and the loss and the fear
and instead of asking
terrorists terrorists terrorists?
stated
hope love truth.
This is our city.
We are Boston Strong.
Amen.
ReplyDelete