Monday, January 17, 2011

Book Review

Book: Matched
Summary: Cassia is perfectly happy. The Society makes sure her life is perfect, smooth, carefree, and all she has to do is live it. Being matched to her best friend proves that the Society is perfect, flawless. Until suddenly, it's not. When Cassia goes to look at her match's information and the rules  now that she is matched, everything goes wrong. Someone else's face is shown, someone who is not her match, and Cassia's life is thrown into confusion. She must decide the right thing to do, to obey or to rebel, to believe or to question, to let it be or to risk everything to find the answers.
Rating: I L-O-V-E-D this book! It was a very compelling read and well written. It will make you think. I'm not usually a "sci-fi" type person, so I was a little worried about that, but it was more of a love-story/teen-rebellion type thing than anything else. I really liked how it was a book geared towards teens but didn't take the typical must-skip-some-pages-YUCK route. If you know what I mean. :) I've been looking for something to read that's on my level, girly, but without yuckness in it (aka what I mentioned before), and this book hit the spot.
Warning: Basically, this book was clean. The worst that ever happens is she kisses someone, but I think we've all seen Enchanted before and it was even less graphic then that, so.... My mom would probably say something about the rebellion/liking two people thing, but it really wasn't that bad.  As they say about the commentaries on movies, "The producer of this movie (review, in my case) do not necessarily endorse the views or opinions expressed in this commentary (book)". Just make good decisions, ya know?


No comments:

Post a Comment